GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is currently seeking a Civil Designer to support our engineering practice in our Connecticut offices. This position resides within our engineering design teams, which are involved in a variety of private and public-sector projects. Typical projects include site development, site grading, storm water management, landfill closures, sub-surface profiles, 3D terrain modeling, field survey data management and reduction, and preparing field stakeout files for GPS and total station survey equipment. The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated individual who possesses the ability to multi-task, work with a team of diverse engineers and technicians, adhere to project deadlines, and demonstrates a good work ethic.
• Preparing complete plan set from marked-up plans and/or verbal instruction within a project team.
• Providing engineering support in the form of cut-fill estimates, volume calculations, watershed analysis, and site grading using Autodesk Civil 3D software.
• Conducting field inspections to document site conditions and making construction observations.
• Performing fieldwork on an as-needed basis in civil and environmental engineering disciplines.
• Preparing detailed and accurate field documentation and data analysis.
• Performing technical execution of projects under the supervision of project managers.
• Associate’s degree in Engineering Design with a Technical/Vocational certification, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related Engineering Field.
• 5+ years’ experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
• Professional attitude and self-motivation.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to follow direction, work independently or in a team.
• Availability to work Monday through Friday and some evenings and weekends as warranted by project demands.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Problem solving and organizational skills.
• Strong academic record.
• Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office suite.
• Solid understanding of trigonometry and geometry.
• Experience with ArcMap and/or Microstation is desired but not required.
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.