GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is looking for a motivated Entry-Level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer to join our Dam and Levee Safety Group. As an Entry-Level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer, you will bring your expertise and unique solutions to highly visible and challenging projects. You will also work in a team of dedicated Project Managers, Principals and other Engineers. If you have a strong academic record, solid understanding of civil engineering principles with a geotechnical focus, and a desire work on dams and levees, apply today!
• Conducting fieldwork including dam and levee safety inspections, monitoring test borings and instrumentation installations, performing construction monitoring for dam and levee rehabilitation projects.
• Data gathering, organization and interpretation in support of dam/levee inspections, evaluations, and rehabilitations projects.
• Executing engineering analyses, under the direction of a senior engineer, will include seepage and slope stability analyses of embankment dams and levees, toe drain and filter designs, gravity dam stability analyses.
• Writing drafts of field reports, inspection/engineering reports, technical specifications, and permitting applications.
• Preparing construction plans.
• Performing cost/quantity estimates and project scheduling.
• Communicating effectively and efficiently with contractors, clients and team members.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering is required. Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with a geotechnical focus is preferred.
• 2+ years of relevant work experience as an Engineer.
• Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Strong Microsoft Office and AutoCAD skills required; ArcMap proficiency is preferred.
• Experience or academic training with geotechnical computer software such as SEEP/W, SLOPE/W, and finite element analysis software such as PLAXIS are preferred.
• Occasional out-of-town travel will be required. Candidate must have consistent means of transportation to/from project sites.
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.