GZA GeoEnvironmental is currently seeking an Instrumentation Technician to join our growing Geotechnical team in Manhattan, New York. This position will include both field and office work. The field work will include equipment installation and repair, manual equipment readings, maintenance of equipment, deliveries, site visits, and project site work. The office work will include maintaining inventory, constructing and testing instruments from stock materials, stocking and maintaining equipment, generating monitoring reports, and organization of the instrument room. The equipment typically includes a down hole camera, cameras, water level indicators, electrical resistivity equipment, seismographs, data loggers, inclinometers, tilt meters, total stations, and two vehicles. Lifting and moving equipment of up to 50 lbs. will be necessary.
The ideal candidate for this position should have strong communication skills and be motivated to work as part of a team dedicated to the successful operation of equipment for instrumentation projects. This position will need someone who is detail minded, energetic, handy, responsive, responsible, punctual, and self-motivated. The successful candidate will be eager to learn and interested in electronics or computer technology and the technical side of equipment assembly. This person will work under the direct supervision of a Project Manager. Training for project specific tasks will be provided.
It is anticipated that a majority of the work will occur during normal business hours, however the position does require flexibility to travel and to work nights and weekends if necessary.
• Associate’s degree with a technical concentration
• 3+ years of relevant experience in New York City
• Highly motivated self-starter with a professional attitude
• Strong communication, problem solving, and organizational skills
• A ‘can do’ attitude dedicated to successful operation and assembly of equipment
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work independently
• Valid New York Driver’s License
• Ability to work outdoors during all seasons
• Ability to use harnesses, ladders, or personnel lifts
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.