GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is currently seeking a Marine/Structural Project Manager with 8 to 15 years’ experience to support our waterfront and marine practice in our Amesbury, Massachusetts office. The ideal candidate for this position is a seasoned consulting professional with a strong doer-seller aptitude and the motivation and desire to foster technical excellence and strong client relationships. We expect this Doer-Seller to be an enthusiastic outgoing person with the desire and motivation to embrace external networking and marketing activities to help us locally grow our practice.
As a Marine/Structural Project Manager, you will work with a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex coastal projects. You will successfully execute all aspects of projects under the guidance of a company Principal. You will also represent GZA with the client throughout proposal, contract, and project performance phases, will be responsible for day to day execution of technical and financial aspects of each project, will be involved with marketing activities and networking events, and will be involved with the development and mentoring of staff. Project Managers have ownership opportunities with the firm and the potential for advancement to principal levels.
• Managing project team, delegating to office and field staff, and executing day to day activities of projects
• Conducting internal and client communications
• Monitoring team performance for compliance with contractual agreements and budgets
• Providing business development support
• Preparing proposals and reviewing/writing reports with Principal guidance and review
• Managing project contractual and financial issues (including terms of agreement, changes in scope, billing process)
• Managing and mentoring GZA existing staff of project-level engineers
• Conducting/reviewing technical analyses/calculations
• Completing Mooring and Berthing Analyses and Design
• Pier, Bulkhead, Wave Fence, and Fendering Analysis and Design
• Concrete, Steel, and Timber Design
• Shore protection evaluations and structure Design
• Participating in meetings and agency consultation
• Developing construction plans and specifications
• Preparing construction cost/quantity estimates
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (Master’s Degree preferred)
• Marine Engineering experience at consulting engineering firms and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations throughout the New England area
• Experience working on permitting, design and construction projects including Construction Plan, Specification, Cost Estimating.
• Self-starter, able to complete tasks with minimal supervision and direction
• Demonstrate professional judgment, consistency, strong attention to detail, and background of high quality work products
• Demonstrate performance of independent analysis, problem solving and strong organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge
• Strong interest in safety
• Possess or have completed 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training
• Construction bid specification experience a plus
• PE license required
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.