GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is seeking a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in our Grand Rapids office to support our team of Principals, Project Managers, and staff engineers/scientists. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. A high level of professionalism, cooperation, and interpersonal communication skill is crucial in this role.
• Greeting visitors to the office.
• Answering telephones and directing the caller to the appropriate associate. Will transfer a caller to an associate’s voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable.
• Taking and retrieving messages for various personnel.
• Assisting with planning travel, maintaining expense tracking spreadsheets and billing worksheets.
• Providing system data entry in relation to prospects and preparing reports.
• Completing non-routine tasks, e.g. event planning, preparing client proposals, etc.
• Preparing letters, reports, tables, spreadsheets, etc. using Microsoft Office software.
• Handling the processing of daily routine activities including filing, faxes, mail distribution, invoice processing, and assisting Principals and Project Managers with project accounting tasks, and other special projects as assigned.
• Providing support to the technical staff in the maintenance of project files; preparation of correspondence, proposals, and reports.
• Contract administration; generation of project submittals; preparation and distribution of paperwork for regulatory agency compliance, permits and reporting.
• Associates Degree plus 2 years’ office support experience, or High School Diploma plus 4 years of experience in a similar position.
• Basic knowledge and operation of office equipment, including printers, copier, scanner and facsimile.
• Can operate the advanced features of a phone/voicemail to facilitate conference calls.
• Able to set up and manage a hard copy and electronic filing system.
• Able to organize one or multiple hard copy or electronic calendars.
• Experience with coordinating travel arrangements and preparing Time & Expense reports.
• Comfortable supporting multiple team members and interacting with internal and external clients.
• Shows understanding that considerable judgment and discretion is often needed in completing work assignments, and maintain flexibility in changing directives.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a high level of professionalism.
• Strong verbal written communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Has a ‘can do’ attitude in learning new skills and a strong sense of teamwork.
• Able to create documents in MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.).
• Knows how to access and navigate through electronic databases, the Internet and e-mail systems.
• Experience working in an engineering consulting environment is a plus.
• Experience with database software (MS Access) and/or presentation packages (MS PowerPoint) is a plus.
• Availability to work 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm).
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.