GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is currently seeking a Senior Compliance Practice Leader with 15 to 20 years of experience to support our growing practice in our Glastonbury, Connecticut office.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in Regulatory Compliance, Environmental Health and Safety, Environmental Engineering, and Environmental Science. Proven client management and business development skills are key requirements for this position as are a demonstrated ability to grow and foster existing client relationships, proactively identify project opportunities, and develop new clients. This position requires excellent leadership qualities, with a history of successfully managing projects and staff in a collaborative work environment, and demonstrated experience developing scope and budget proposals, schedules, qualifications packages, reports, and presentations. The candidate should be self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented, quality focused, safety-minded, and must be able to multi-task.
GZA puts a high value on technical strength and the successful candidate must be technically solid with experience in the following areas:
• Hazardous Waste Management
• Environmental Management Systems
• Air Quality
• NPDES Permitting
• Industrial Hygiene and Safety
• Desire to lead and grow a technical practice in their area of expertise
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Environmental or Civil Engineering, or Environmental Science (Master’s Degree a plus)
• Relevant local experience with regulatory knowledge and working relationships with the Connecticut business community, and federal, state, and local agencies
• Professional Licensure or Registration strongly encouraged
• Desire to manage and mentor staff and review and evaluate their work while fostering staff growth and development
• Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills and judgment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients, design team members, contractors, and construction managers
• 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and 8-hr Supervisor’s certifications
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of relevant technical software a plus
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.