GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Practice Leader with 15-plus years of experience to support our practice in our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office. Our related geotechnical projects involve bridges, highways, railroads, tunnels and marine and waterfront developments, water resources and dams, geo-structural analysis, soil and rock slope investigation and stabilization, resource evaluations, foundation design, earth retention design and ground improvement programs. The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of and documented experience in one or several of these practice areas.
This position requires excellent leadership qualities, with a history of successfully managing geotechnical projects and staff in a collaborative work environment, and demonstrated experience developing scope and budget proposals, schedules, qualifications packages, reports, and presentations. The candidate should be self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented, quality focused, safety-minded, and must be able to multi-task. Proven client management and business development skills are key requirements as are a demonstrated ability to grow and foster existing client relationships and proactively identify project opportunities and develop new clients.
• Serving as a Project Manager and/or technical advisor on projects, conduct and oversee technical assignments, and manage budgets and schedules to meet clients’ needs according to our internal accounting and loss prevention practices. This includes preparation and/or supervision of proposals consistent with GZA's pricing strategy, policies and procedures, and financial responsibilities including the punctual invoicing of clients, collection of accounts receivables, and assisting in the preparation of budgets and business plans.
• Mentoring and training junior staff.
• Maintaining client relations including conflict resolution.
• Assembling a project team, using resources available throughout the Company and sub consultants as appropriate, which are capable of successfully completing the project.
• Developing, expanding, and nurturing client relationships.
• Representing GZA in its key contacts with clients, sub consultants, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
• Providing technical quality assurance for all technical assignments.
• Promptly recognizing and bringing to Client's attention out-of-scope work as it occurs and executing appropriate change orders so that GZA is paid for necessary services rendered.
• Knowing, understanding, and following applicable codes, regulations, and laws.
• Recognizing the need for and exercise loss prevention activities to control GZA's risks.
• Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Working with project teams on geotechnical engineering projects that involve field work, data evaluation and engineering analysis and report preparation for dam, transportation, building, waterfront, energy, and other infrastructure projects.
• Growing the Geotechnical Engineering group in Pittsburgh area through active business development activities.
• Pursuing professional development and participation in appropriate professional and trade organizations.
• Desire to lead and grow a local geotechnical practice
• Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Focus, or Engineering Geology
• Relevant local experience with regulatory knowledge and working relationships with the Pennsylvania business community, and federal, state and local agencies
• Professional Licensure or Registration
• Desire to manage and mentor staff and review and evaluate their work while fostering staff growth and development
• Ability to collaborate in multi-office, team environment
• Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills and judgment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients, design team members, contractors, and construction managers
• 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and 8-hr Supervisor’s certifications
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of relevant technical software a plus.
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.