GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in the technical execution of transportation, building, energy and other infrastructure projects. Under the supervision of project managers or principals, primary responsibilities will include performing field tasks such as installation and monitoring of geotechnical and structural instrumentation systems, deep foundations, and construction monitoring; collecting and reducing instrumentation data, preparing drafts of field and engineering reports and specifications.
• Perform outdoor, all-season field tasks such as installation and monitoring of geotechnical instrumentation, deep foundation installation observation and testing, subsurface explorations, environmental testing, and construction monitoring
• Perform technical aspects of projects under the supervision of project managers or principals.
• Work with project teams on geotechnical engineering projects that involve field work, data collection and evaluation and engineering analysis for transportation, building, waterfront, energy and other infrastructure project.
• Write drafts of field and engineering reports and specifications.
• Operation and oversight of geotechnical engineering systems, including data collection and system maintenance and repairs.
• Reducing engineering data and creating interpretive reports for clients, preparing plans and construction schedules.
• Conducting subsurface investigations in connection with building and infrastructure projects.
• Non-destructive testing of deep foundations
• Construction monitoring and documenting geotechnical aspects of construction projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
• 2+ years of experience in a similar role as an Engineer.
• Experience with instrumentation preferred.
• Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Ability to perform field tasks and activities.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Has reliable means of transportation.
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.