GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager with 10 years’ experience to support our environmental practice in our Fairfield, New Jersey office. This position will be responsible for providing a broad range of Industrial Hygiene and Asbestos assistance to GZA clients across a wide range of client sectors.
As an Assistant Project Manager, you will maintain responsibility for the project’s day-to-day operations, scheduling, production, safety, and client relationships. You’ll assist with managing all aspects of an engineering project to ensure that it is safely completed on time and within scope and budget. You’ll work amongst a team of dedicated project managers and principals. Our close-knit culture here at GZA will allow you to apply your expertise and diversify your skill set by participating in challenging projects. You will be mentored by seasoned professional engineers, who will in turn look to you to share technical knowledge and ideas. Our success relies on this collaborative environment.
• Planning and organizing industrial hygiene, asbestos evaluations, and construction observation activities
• Performing technical tasks and complex analyses
• Preparing draft technical reports for review by project managers or principals
• Preparing proposals and scope of work for environmental projects under supervision of project managers or principals
• Communicating effectively and efficiently with clients and team members
• Mentoring of junior staff
• Assisting project managers and principals on various aspects of projects
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, or related discipline (Master’s Degree a plus)
• 10+ years of Industrial Hygiene and Asbestos experience and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations in New Jersey and New York
• Currently certified as: AHERA Project Designer, NYCDEP Asbestos Investigator NYS DOL Asbestos Inspector / Project Monitor, NJ Asbestos Safety Technician, USEPA Lead Inspector / Risk Assessor, and NJ DOL Lead Inspector / Risk Assessor
• Self-starter able to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to perform and manage field tasks and activities
• Demonstrate professional judgment, consistency, and strong attention to detail
• Demonstrate performance of analysis, problem solving and strong organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge
• Completion of 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training
• Experience in the northeastern United States or similar climate is preferred
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.