PCCC campuses are in both urban and suburban locations with varied environmental and regulatory obligations.
Under an on-call contract, GZA has provided multi-disciplinary services for this institution.
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention (SPP) Plan: GZA updated the college’s SPP Plan in 2022 for all three campuses, in compliance with NJDEP Permit requirements.
- Landfill Removal Assessment: To address rising costs related to landfill leachate disposal costs for a former municipal landfill on the Wanaque campus, GZA conducted a study to characterize the leachate and remaining waste to suggest more economical disposal alternatives, if warranted.
- Preliminary Assessment (PA) and Lead-Based Paint Survey: GZA completed a PA of the college’s Child Development Center — in compliance with the NJ Department of Health and Senior Services Indoor Environmental Health Assessment (IEHA) guidelines relative to day care licensing, including lead-based paint and radon surveys — prior to its move to a larger location.
- Geotechnical and Environmental Consulting/Wanaque Campus: GZA conducted pre-design environmental and geotechnical investigations in support of the Wanaque campus Academic Center addition constructed on the site of a former municipal landfill. While much of the waste had been relocated during the Academic Center’s original construction, GZA’s investigations determined the presence/extent of any remaining waste materials in the new construction zone, as well as its impact on the addition’s design and construction. GZA also provided foundation recommendations to the architect.
- Indoor Air Quality Testing (IAQ): GZA completed an Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Testing program at the Paterson campus.
- Hazardous Materials Inventory (HMI) and Remediation Oversight: GZA conducted an HMI of a former furniture store on Market Street which was renovated to accommodate a PCCC Paterson campus expansion; GZA then developed project specifications for and provided oversight during the removal of the hazardous materials.
- Air Permits for Emergency Generators: GZA assisted PCCC with the procurement of air permits and self-disclosure reports for boilers and an emergency generator at two PCCC campuses.
- NJDEP Flood Hazard Area Permits: GZA provided flood hazard and ecological investigation analysis to determine and obtain NJDEP Flood Hazard Area general permits required for the College’s conversion of property along the Passaic River into a parking lot.
GZA’s breadth of technical services and proximity to the campuses provides continuity and responsiveness, adding value to the client experience.