GZA has the experience, skill, and commitment to develop strategic, proactive programs that meet our clients’ long-term needs and business objectives in an environment of increasing self-regulation, corporate downsizing, rapid information availability, and global competition.
GZA is recognized as an industry leader in air quality consulting, permitting and engineering services. We have the experience necessary to plan effective air compliance and permitting strategies, complete both Title V and New Source Review permit applications, perform air quality impact analyses, and conduct air pollution control technology evaluations - as well as successfully negotiate with regulatory agencies.
Applying a strong regulatory background, GZA staff closely monitor regulatory changes proposed and implemented by state and federal agencies to advise you about how your business will be affected, allowing you, in turn, to position your company to best address the requirements.
- Air Quality Permitting for New Sources and Modifications, including NSR and PSD
- Title V Operating Permits
- Air Quality Dispersion Modeling
- Air Emissions Inventories
- Regulatory Applicability and Compliance Evaluations
- Annual Air Emissions Reports
- Title V, NSPS, and NESHAP Periodic Compliance Reports
- Control Technology Evaluations
- Air Monitoring
- Accidental Release Prevention Risk Management Plans
GZA offers a full range of environmental compliance-related services ranging from environmental audits and initial baseline assessments through development of corrective action programs and implementation of environmental management systems.
These services may be delivered through an audit program, the development of a specific program or plan -- such as federally required spill prevention control and countermeasures (SPCC) plan -- or through the development of formalized environmental management systems, such as ISO 14000.
- Regulatory Program Development and Implementation
- Environmental Compliance Auditing
- Enforcement Action Support
- Emergency Planning and Response
- Aboveground and Underground Storage Tank Management
- Wastewater & Stormwater Management and Permitting
- Environmental Management Systems
- Regulatory Reporting
- EHS Training and Seminars
GZA is pleased to offer safety and industrial hygiene services fueled by our award-winning safety culture. Our experience includes heavy construction, manufacturing, power, laboratories, and non-profits, and our staff combine that experience with a strong safety culture to provide a variety of services, including audits, inspections, training, industrial hygiene sampling, and OSHA citation response and negotiation.
GZA has the depth of personnel to provide safety and industrial hygiene services for client needs of any size. We have worked throughout the United States and on 5 continents providing safety and industrial hygiene services, so we have a good understanding of regulations over a wide geographic area.
GZA's comprehensive practice includes Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH); Certified Instructional Trainers (CIT); Certified Hazardous Materials Managers (CHMM); Certified Safety Professionals (CSP); OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditors; and OSHA Construction Authorized trainers, including OSHA 510 and 511 implementation.
- OSHA-Mandated Program Development
- Safety Compliance Auditing
- Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Safety
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and Mod
- Personal Exposure Monitoring
- Personnel Training
In the December 2022 issue of Commerce Magazine , Benjamin Sallemi, Ph.D, CIH is interviewed on the impact of new state regulations on lead-based paint in New Jersey.
Legislation recently passed by the State of New Jersey introduces new requirements for municipalities regarding Lead-Based Paint (LBP) Inspections in rental dwellings constructed prior to 1978. Rental...
On July 20th, 2021, Connecticut Ned Governor Lamont signed Public Act 21-191 into law banning the use of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in Class B firefighting foams and phasing out PFAS...
Viruses mutate due to their rapid reproduction and the ease with which they can exchange genetic material. This has held true with the COVID-19 virus, most recently with the variant B.1.617.2, better...