Useful Bookmarks and Resources For COVID-19
At a Glance
Updated September 29h, 2020
COVID-19 presents some extraordinary circumstances across our country and industry. GZA’s Pandemic Preparedness Team has assembled a list of useful resources to consult as you develop your response. As more resources become available, we will update this page.
Federal and International Resources
World Health Organization (WHO)
- Global COVID-19 Situation Map - A GIS map detailing the number of cases by country, updated regularly.
- COVID-19 Myth Busters Page - A useful guide to misinformation and misconceptions about COVID-19
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Resources:
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – This page is the CDC’s central clearinghouse for information about the coronavirus and its impact on the United States.
- Symptoms of Coronavirus - Updated April 27th with new symptoms.
- Handwashing Page - The CDC’s full guide to handwashing, including scientific information and tips for effective hygiene.
- School Reopening Guidance Page
- Decision Trees For Reopening Facilities (all link to .pdf)
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA):
- FEMA COVID-19 Advisory As Of 3/21/2020
- FEMA Pandemic Whole-of-Government Response Issued 3/30/2020
- FEMA: Eligible Emergency Protective Measures - Guidance from FEMA on which emergency COVID-19 measures are eligible for reimbursement.
- Coronavirus Relief Fund Frequently Asked Questions (link goes to PDF), information from the US Treasury Department on using CARES Act funding for COVID-19 relief measures.
- FEMA Disaster Financial Management Guide (link goes to PDF)
- Steps To Take Now: A Guide To The FEMA Recovery Process - a brochure by GZA and iParametrics discussing first steps for municipalities to take for reimbursement under the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance Program.
- COVID-19 Supplement For Planning Considerations: Evacuations and Shelter-in-Place (link to .pdf) Supplement document to FEMA guidance document Planning Considerations: Evacuations and Shelter-In-Place
Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA):
- COVID-19 Main Resource Page
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (link to .pdf)
- Enforcement Guidance for Respiratory Protection and the N95 Shortage Due to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic
State and Municipal Resources
National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) Directory of Local Health Departments - An easy-to-use directory to stay in touch with health departments.
- Department of Environmental Protection: FAQs For Water Suppliers
- Construction Letter with Guidance, Issued 3/25/2020
- Updated Construction Guidance, "Enforcement of the COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
and Procedures for Construction Sites", Issued 4/2/2020 (link to .docx file)
- City Of Boston Construction Guidance, Issued 4/27/2020 (link to .pdf file)
- Executive Order 2020-59, revised 4/24/20 (link to .pdf file)
- MIOSHA COVID-19 Workplace Guidelines, as of 5/4/2020 (link to .pdf file)
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Guidance: Restarting Construction Projects, Issued 3/31/2020 (link to .pdf)
- State Of Pennsylvania Process To Reopen, Issued 4/23/2020
What To Consider When Responding To The Coronavirus - Heather Shoemaker and Marianne Payne discuss adapting to the COVID-19 pandemic from a facilities management perspective.