Bergen Community College (BCC) has varied Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) and other regulatory compliance responsibilities at its campus.
GZA has assisted BCC with compliance obligations since 2013.
- Chemical Safety: GZA has provided comprehensive services relative to chemical safety management in multiple laboratory facilities.
- Chemical safety program audits have been conducted and updated (including hazardous/universal waste management, lab safety/chemical hygiene, oil pollution prevention/SPCC, and hazard communication programs).
- In-person training for the BCC employees has been provided for New Jersey PEOSH Hazardous Communication and Right-to-Know programs, including OSHA global harmonized system (GHS) requirements.
- Stormwater Management: Since 2013, GZA has guided BCC’s stormwater management programs to meet permit obligations and maintain existing stormwater drainage system infrastructure:
- A GIS stormwater infrastructure database was built and used to create a series of maps depicting campus drainage and inspection areas. The GIS database and resulting maps are utilized by the client to conduct annual stormwater inspections.
- A Stormwater Pollution Prevention (SPP) Plan was developed in 2014and and updated in 2022 in compliance with the NJDEP’s permit obligations, prompted by development on campus.
- Training has also been conducted with BCC staff to maintain stormwater features.
GZA’s suite of environmental and engineering services are well-suited to the college’s compliance needs in EH&S, stormwater, and other areas.